We respect the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit the Web Site to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the Internet domain through which you access the Internet; Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using; type of browser software and operating system you are using; date and time you access the Web Site; and the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the Web Site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain the Web Site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of the Web Site, to ensure the Web Site is working properly, and to solve technical problems with the service, to calculate overall usage statistics, and to otherwise help us make the Web Site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit the Web Site, unless you choose to provide such information.
- We reserve the right to contact visitors regarding account status and changes to the subscriber agreement, privacy statement, or any other policies or agreements relevant to site visitors.
Other Information We Collect
- Personal data collected by Designetics Inc. will be used by us for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of users’ behavior, for product development, for content improvement, to inform advertisers as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements, to communicate with visitors regarding their orders, and to customize content and layout of the Web Site.
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate. Designetics Inc. may disclose information when legally compelled to do so; in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
You must be 18 years of age or older in order to use this Web Site. Designetics Inc. is concerned about the safety and privacy of children online. Because of this, we will make all efforts to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the internet. We do not and will not knowingly contact or collect personally identifying information from children under 18. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 18, and we will develop our site with the capacity to block acceptance of information from children under 18 whenever age-related information is requested.
It is possible that by fraud or deception by others we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 18. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or else delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 18, please email us at email@example.com.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that we collect for an unlimited period of time.
Information Collected by Others
Consent to Communications
By using the Designetics Inc. Web Site and providing your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address, you consent to receiving email and text messages to tell you about the Designetics Inc. products and services. We may share your information with partner organizations whose products or services are important for Designetics Inc.’s objectives. For example, we may provide your information to third parties that assist Designetics Inc. for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or so they can contact you with information that you requested as part of the Designetics Inc. products and services. However, we do not exchange, trade, rent, or give phone or email lists to unaffiliated third parties, and third parties that receive your information from Designetics Inc. are restricted from using this information in any way other than to provide services to Designetics Inc., or services for a collaboration in which they and Designetics Inc. are engaged. You may opt-out from receiving email communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt out from receiving text message communications at any time by replying to the text message with “STOP”. At that time, we will send a final text message confirming receipt of your opt-out notification.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may:
- Request the categories and/or specific pieces of personally identifying information collected about you, including whether your personally identifying information is sold or disclosed, and with whom your personally identifying information was shared;
- Access a copy of the personally identifying information we retain about you;
- Request deletion of your personally identifying information;
- Correct or amend your personally identifying information;
- Object to certain uses of your personally identifying information.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personally identifying information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personally identifying information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personally identifying information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. In addition, we may allow you the option to opt out of sharing Information rather than providing information about third parties with whom we share Information.
If you would like to make a request for more information, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of your message. Your request should: 1) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personally identifying information or an authorized representative; and 2) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will not discriminate against you by denying goods or services, charging different rates for goods or services, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, for exercising any of your rights.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personally Identifying Information
You have a right to request that Designetics Inc. amend or delete the personal information it collects from your use of the Web Site if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and you may request an amendment or deletion for as long as the personally identifying information is retained by Designetics Inc. You must submit your request in writing to Designetics Inc. and provide a reason to support the requested amendment. Designetics Inc. may, under certain circumstances, deny your request by sending you a written notice of denial.
Please note, electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
For site security purposes our computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system—or its supporting hardware or software—may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Periodic Policy Changes
Please note that Designetics reviews its privacy practices from time-to-time (eg. to track technology and/or legal changes), and these practices are subject to change at any time and for any reason, in our sole discretion.
This statement does not create an agreement between Designetics Inc. and users, and as such, does not create any legal rights for any party.