How We’re Making an Impact on the Local Level
Ohio’s manufacturing sector is thriving. As more small and mid-sized businesses make significant investments in our state, we’re solidifying our position as a manufacturing stronghold.
Still, many people don’t realize that modern manufacturing careers are high-tech, high-skill, safe and rewarding endeavors.
A recent study showed that for 84% of Ohio manufacturers, attracting and retaining a quality workforce is a top challenge.
To make more people aware of current opportunities, Ohio celebrates Manufacturing Month each October. Events held across the state focus on educating the public about modern manufacturing as a career of choice.
Manufacturing Day Priorities:
- To change the perception of manufacturing and reflect its true status as the most advanced, high-tech industry in the country.
- To re-establish the U.S. as the global leader of manufacturing education.
- To advocate for education and job training policies that strengthen the U.S. manufacturing workforce. Source: Manufacturing Institute
The ultimate goal of Manufacturing Day is to encourage a steady flow of qualified talent to build and sustain local economies for years to come. Tours and sessions allow students and parents to learn about continuing education, internships, careers and open positions in the manufacturing world.
These are a few reasons young people are choosing this career path:
- Opportunities abound. Hundreds of thousands of well-paying manufacturing jobs are available right now in Ohio.
- Excellent benefits. Manufacturing offers one of the highest percentages of workers eligible for employer-provided health benefits.
- New technologies. Today’s manufacturers are on the cutting edge of emerging technology, utilizing robotics and 3D printing to innovate and optimize production processes.
The Northwest Ohio Manufacturing Alliance (NOMA) is a program of the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce. Members partner with educators, workforce boards and economic development organizations to promote manufacturing career opportunities.
The Designetics team will join a group of community employers, educators and partners for a Manufacturing Day event on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at Toledo Technology Academy. This free event will offer 7th-12th grade TTA students a behind-the-scenes look at manufacturing careers through lab tours, stations and hands-on activities. We look forward to sharing some of the exciting things happening in our innovative and evolving industry!
Tags: designetics news